Apply for the NYJO Jazz Exchange
APPLICATIONS FOR THE NYJO JAZZ EXCHANGE ARE NOW OPEN
- Aged 18-25 years old (with room for exceptional 16 and 17 year olds) – you must be under 24 on 1 January 2020
- Any instrument using standard western tuning (including vocalists)
- Eager to collaborate
- Creator of original music
- Planning to pursue a career as a musician
- Able to express and share musical ideas
- Not dependent on notation-reading ability
How to apply
The online application form will be available from 1 July 2019. Applications close on 7 October at 12.00.
You will need to submit:
- Online application form
- A video of you playing original music (or innovative arrangement)
- A supporting statement from a referee
Your video should showcase your style. Whether it’s an original composition or an innovative arrangement, we want to hear your personality coming through. Don’t worry too much about the video quality, as long as we can tell it’s you playing.
Your referee should be someone who can vouch for your music and your commitment. This could be a music teacher, local band leader, festival or club promoter.
The final selection will be made by an independent panel of jazz industry experts. All applicants will receive personal feedback from the panel.
- Applications open: 1 July 2019
- Application close: 7 October 2019
- Applicants notified: early November 2019
- Cohort beings: January 2020
Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
Alternatively, please get in touch with Claire Furlong, Learning & Participation Manager, on 02074941733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Grace Owen